November 12, 2015

Jeffree Star Androgyny & Doll Parts Swatches

On the off chance you haven't heard, Jeffree Star has released 5 limited edition liquid lipsticks this Christmas. He's even released a very tempting discounted bundle for all 5. I could even justify the unusual shades released this year, the white would have been great for mixing and the green liquid lipstick would be interesting paired with my current neon green hair. However, on the day of release, I managed to contain myself and settled for two.

Doll Parts, Celebrity Skin, Androgyny

Androgyny is described as a plum mauve. When I first wore it, I was surprised by how dark it was, especially as it looked so normal in the promo images. I was even more surprised by how normal it looked when I took photos too as again, in the flesh, it's quite a deep colour. It's not quite the everyday lip colour I expected like Celebrity Skin but I see myself getting a fair amount of use from it.

Doll Parts is described as a soft cool toned pink. My god, I know Androgyny is the lip colour that everyone is obsessed with but Doll Parts is easily a must! As a pink hater and someone of a medium skin tone, I finally have a somewhat girly pink lip colour that actually suits me. It feels somewhat Barbie-ish but it actually somehow manages to not clash against my skin. I've gotten a lot of use from this already, I'm almost tempted to buy another spare for if I finish it. 

So those are my swatches! I can't give much of an in depth review on these as I've had them for less than a week. I personally prefer the white packaging over the bright pink one too. Androgyny and Doll Parts seem to be of the same excellent quality that my other velour liquid lipsticks are. As these are limited edition, I thought I'd share some swatches soon before they're completely gone. 

Have you picked up anything from Jeffree's Christmas collection? What do you have your eye on?

2 comments:

  1. Nice! I can't wait to get mine! Supposedly they've shipped, but I'm still waiting on them to arrive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these all so damn much, and I have fast realised that I want to buy them ALL. As you know, I picked up Hoe Hoe Hoe, and I love it. It's darker than I thought it was, but I love that. I don't know if it's due to certain circumstances or what, but I have found that Hoe Hoe Hoe doesn't last as long as Masochist which I'm kinda sad about at the moment... But we shall see!

    HOWEVER I regret not picking up Androgyny as it is such a gorgeous, unique shade. I really hope Jeffree makes it a permanent shade. ^_^

    https://theremightbecoffee.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete